Graduate Teaching Assistant – Churchfield Primary School
Ivy Learning Trust is a small, inclusive family of community schools based in North London and Hertfordshire.
We believe in a fair and just society. That is why we offer the very best education to all our children
In all our schools our learning culture creates reflective and resilient pupils who love, and take ownership of, their learning.
We are committed to staff well-being and have made great strides in reducing teacher workload, such as through our innovative and highly acclaimed ‘fast feedback’ approach to marking.
We offer a culture of care, excellent professional development and exciting career opportunities across the MAT.
This is your opportunity to join a Multi Academy Trust that makes it easy for you to make a difference.
Position: Graduate Teaching Assistant
School: Churchfield Primary School, Edmonton
Start Date: September 2019
Closing Date: 20th June 2018
Overall purpose of the job:
- To accelerate pupils’ progress in English and Mathematics.
- To support pupils’ learning and share in their pastoral care.
- To contribute to planning for individuals, groups of children or whole classes.
- To be involved in the development and delivery of the curriculum to raise the level of achievement of the pupils.
- To provide planned cover for teachers on a regular basis or on a short term basis to cover absence due to sickness, attending meetings, training etc. under a system of supervision with the Phase Leader
- To share in the care and wellbeing of pupils throughout the school.
- To follow, maintain and promote the school core values.
- To ensure compliance with all school policies and procedure and government legislation.
Please come and see for yourself; we would love to show you around our wonderful school.
To arrange a visit, or if you would like to have an informal discussion about the post, you are most welcome to call Nicki Jaeggi, Headeacher on 020 8807 2458.
The Ivy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please email email@example.com for an application form, job description and person specification