Position: Playleader x 2
Location: Eastfield Primary School, Enfield Road, Enfield, EN3 5UX
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Ongoing
Interview date: Dependant upon the date of application
Salary: Scale 2
Hours: 7.5 hours per week/ 38 weeks per year – Monday to Friday 11.45am – 1.15pm
Type: Fixed Term (1 year from start date with possibility to extend)
Ivy Learning Trust is a small, inclusive family of community schools based in North London and Hertfordshire.
We believe in a fair and just society. That is why we offer the very best education to all our children. In all our schools our learning culture creates reflective and resilient pupils who love, and take ownership of their learning.
We are committed to staff well-being and have made great strides in reducing teacher workload, such as through our innovative and highly acclaimed ‘fast feedback’ approach to marking.
We offer a culture of care, excellent professional development and exciting career opportunities across the MAT.
This is your opportunity to join a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) that makes it easy for you to make a difference.
Overall purpose of the job:
To have responsibility for children during the lunchtime period. To foster the physical, social and emotional developments of the pupils through planned play and provision within a caring inclusive environment. The post holder will be one of a team of Midday Play Leaders who support the care and play of the pupils. Flexibility by all staff is important to meet the needs of pupils. The jobholder works under the day to day supervision of the Pastoral Mentor. The job holder will be required to contribute to and support the overall Vision, Aims and Ethos of the school. The post holder must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attend to pupils personal needs, including social, health, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- To support and coordinate play ensuring all children are included, through modelling and suggesting games
- To act as a role model setting high expectations for pupils development of appropriate social skills eg good table manners, lining up safely in the hall, washing hands before the meal, being polite
- Prepare and set up both the dining and outside spaces and clear afterwards including putting away tables, sweeping floors and wiping chairs etc
- To work as part of a team to ensure that the school lunch period provides a caring and supportive environment for all children
- Implement the behaviour strategy in line with school policy
- Meet regularly with the play leader team as part of ongoing training and planning sessions
- To work in accordance with all safeguarding policies and requirements in the school.
- To attend safeguarding training as required.
All staff will:
- Promote equality of opportunity
- Follow safeguarding guidelines and child protection policy/procedures
- Promote positive attitudes and behaviour
- Be committee to achieving the Trust values
- Promote the Trust in the community
- Work in partnership with all colleagues
- Support Codes of Professional Ethics/Safe Practice in the Staff Handbook
- Have regard for and act in accordance with Health & Safety policy/practice
- Celebrate success of pupils and staff
- The post holder shall ensure that the duties of the post are undertaken with due regard to the Trust’s policies and to their personal responsibilities under the provision of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant subordinate legislation.
Please email email@example.com with a completed application form to apply.
Support Staff Application Form
Recruitment and Appointment policy
Safeguarding and Child Protection policy
Ivy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of our pupils. Successful candidates will be required to be checked with the disclosure and barring service (DBS). Further information about the disclosure can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service